Module 8: Portfolio Project
Marketing Plan for a New Product Launch (200 points)
Your final project is a marketing plan video pitch for a new product of your choice. You’ll be pitching
your product marketing plan completed in Module 6 to your company’s senior management team for
a go/no-go decision. The stakes are high-a successful product launch could bring a promotion in your
Create a 6–8-minute video pitching your product idea to senior management based off your
marketing plan. Each major section of your marketing plan should be touched upon in your video
This assignment requires video. Canvas has a built-in option for recording video using your webcam
or computer camera. For instructions on how to use Canvas’s record media video option, use this
instruction sheet: Canvas Media Recording.
Download Canvas Media Recording.
Because Canvas will not accept media uploads larger than 500MB, these are additional options for
You can use your computer’s webcam or a smartphone to record the video then upload the file to
your G-Drive and share a link in the assignment submission area. Use this instruction sheet: Google
Download Google Drive Sharing.
You can upload your video to the YouTube channel associated with your CSU Global Email on G-Drive
(Google Apps) and share a link in the assignment submission area. Use this instruction sheet: YouTube
Part 1: Marketing Plan Product Launch – Due 3/13/22
Your paper should be 5-7 pages in length excluding cover and reference pages and conform to APA guidelines, Include at least two
scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.
New Product Launch for an Existing Company
• Company Description
o This section includes a brief description of the company, including its mission statement, background, and
• Mission Statement
o Use the existing company’s Mission.
• Product Description
o Detail what your new product is, key features, benefits, and what problem it addresses for the customer.
• Market Analysis
o Discuss what advantages do you have over your competitors?
▪ A competitive advantage is something the company does better than its competitors and that
competitors cannot easily replicate. Actions that initially appear to be a competitive
advantage but can be easily replicated often become common practices.
o Create a SWOT Analysis— using a 4-quadrant chart with 2-3 Strengths, 2-3 Weaknesses, 2-3
Opportunities, and 2-3 Threats facing the company.
• Goal and Objectives
o Clearly define what the goal of your plan.
o Create 2-3 bulleted objectives (these should be action items to achieve the goal).
o Make objectives measurable and quantified.
• Marketing Strategy
o Be clear on your strategy and rationale for choice: market penetration, market development, product
development, and diversification.
o Marketing Mix using the 4P’s.
▪ Price (what is the pricing structure and strategy you are using and why)
▪ Place (discuss how will you customer get the product)
▪ Promotions (discuss how will they find out about your product; any special promotions you
• Positioning Map and Strategy
o positioning strategy of the product or company
o Positioning map (image showing how it fits in the competitive landscape)
Part 2: Marketing Plan Competition – Due 3/20/22
Part 2 of your paper should be 5-7 pages in length excluding cover and reference pages and conform to APA guidelines. Include at
least two scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.
Complete the following:
• Identify the competitors of the company that you are using in your Portfolio Project
• Assess these competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
• For your new product, discuss your strategy for attacking or avoiding these competitors
Refer back to chapter 18, Table 18.1, in Principles of Marketing (provided below), and complete the following:
• Briefly describe each of the four types of market strategies.
• Describe which market strategy your company is pursuing.
• Provide analysis and evidence to justify your position.
• Conduct some research on marketing budgets. Create a table outlining your marketing budget for your new product,
including all costs associated with launch and promotion. Be sure to explore things such as research costs, owned,
earned, and paid media, advertising, creative and design costs.
• Outline 2-3 controls you plan to implement to monitor progress and implementation results. Tie these back to your
objectives and strategies.
• Explain how the proposed plan aligns with the company’s statement of ethics and corporate social responsibility.
• Summarize key highlights of your plan to date.
Part 3: Combine parts 1 and 2 to submit compiled and complete paper – Due 3/27/22
Total submission should be 10-14 pages in length excluding cover and reference pages and conform to APA guidelines.
Include at least four scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.
Create 6–8-minute worth scripts to pitch your product idea to senior management based on your marketing plan. Each
major section of your marketing plan should be touched upon in your script.
Purchase answer to see full